The 3rd Monday in January has been awarded this title since 2005, due to a combination of factors – post Christmas blues, cold dark nights and the arrival of the Christmas credit card bills! This year we also need to add in LOCKDOWN!
We want to give you our TOP TIPS we know work to help you survive the next few weeks!
1. TALK! – Don’t suffer alone, ask for help. Talk to colleagues and friends even just a friendly smile can make us all feel better.
2. EXERCISE – With gyms shut we need to be more inventive about how we can all be more active: a brisk walk, some vigorous housework. Aim to get a bit hot and sweaty for a minimum of 20-30 minutes 3 times a week.
3. GET OUTSIDE – Get some fresh air – go for a walk every day, just get out and have a change of scene even if it’s only for 20 minutes.
4. BE KIND TO YOURSELF – NOONE has ever lived and worked through times like these! Forgive yourself we are all making it up as we go along! Talk to yourself in the same way you would talk to your best friend.
5. LET GO OF THINGS YOU CAN’T CONTROL – Concentrate all of your time and energy on the stuff that you know you can control and if you can’t control it, let it go!
There are lots of places out there where you can get help and find someone to talk too.
Even if you don’t feel like you can talk, we offer lots of ways to get ideas about how to look after your own wellbeing:
Follow us on Instagram @om_hwc, we do a weekly Instagram Live – Take a Break, at 3.30pm every Thursday (during Lockdown) where we share more of our Top Tips and thoughts about surviving!
Check out our fortnightly Podcast – The OM Podcast, Let’s Talk…available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts or find the link at our website www.omhwc.org.uk
We are also on Twitter @om_hwc and LinkedIn.